Senior Architect (5-10 yrs)
Participation in a firm culture that is a highly interactive team approach driven by a passion to create quality design while focusing on client service and satisfaction. Depending on your specific experience, you will be an integral part of a team making meaningful contributions to significant projects together with other exceptional professionals.
Firm has a strong national practice in higher education: student centers, housing, and dining. Regional practice includes: healthcare, K 12, recreation, food service/dining, multi-family housing, office buildings, and parking structures.
Architect/Project Manager will contribute to projects as an architect on a project team through all phases of project design, including construction phase services. Will work with internal team members as well as external consultants.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Hands on project support, including all phases from Programing and Conceptual Design through Construction Administration. All members of a project team are expected to have the ability to contribute to the production of drawings in design and construction documents phases of a project.
• Ability to plan and schedule work to meet deadlines is essential. Will coordinate the work of external consultants.
• Participation in internal design review sessions with firm principals.
• Participation in client meetings and presentations, including potentially marketing presentations.
• Travel, including overnight, to remote client sites throughout the country, depending on the project.
• Must be proficient using Revit, SketchUp, Photoshop, Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
• Ability to excel in a team-based highly collaborative environment
• Excellent design, analytical, and problem-solving skills
• Expertise in sustainable design principals
• Experience in healthcare design a plus
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to present ideas in business-friendly and user-friendly language
• Proven analytical and creative problem-solving abilities
• Excellent listening and interpersonal skills
• Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks
• Highly self-motivated and directed
• Keen attention to detail
• Strong customer service orientation
Education and Experience
• Bachelor of Architecture or Masters of Architecture required
• Current license to practice architecture in at least one state required.
• 5 -15 years’ experience as an architect on commercial and institutional projects
• LEED certification a plus
Send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with SR. ARCHITECT in subject line.
All inquiries kept in strict confidence.